Negotiating, Influencing & Persuading
Who is it for?
This Negotiating, Influencing & Persuading course is for anyone who would like to be more influential and more persuasive in their day to day interactions with colleagues or clients.
In this active and practical programme, you will learn how to make a strong personal impact, the value of great listening and rapport, and how to tailor your message to the person you want to persuade.
Starting with the fundamentals of human communication, we look at the psychology of effective persuasion and handling resistance.
You will learn to plan, deliver and follow through on critical negotiations. You will be able to break stalemates and defuse conflict resulting in the best possible agreement – one that lasts.
- Personal impact
- Understand how communication works and learn to use it well
- Understand how different people make their decisions and learn how each is best influenced
- Psychology and how to make your case for change more compelling
- Six reasons people say “Yes”
- Recognise resistance and respond to it positively and effectively
- Understand the structure of a negotiation process
- Develop a systematic approach to planning and preparation of a negotiation
- Understand how to pitch an opening position
- How to move through the negotiation process – avoiding blockages
- Gaining agreement and closing the negotiation down
1 day – 9.30 – 4.30
£395 (+VAT) per person on scheduled course. £1195 (+VAT) for training at your premises for a group of staff. Unless stated otherwise, travel time is included in the price.
“Spot on, excellent trainer, enjoyed all the practical exercises.”
MW, Sevenoaks Volunteer Centre
"Good balance of practice and theory - has shown me how to remain confident with what I am asking"
"One of the best courses I have been on, really good methods and effective delivery."
"Really enjoyable and interesting course – could have happily stayed longer."
"Feel much more empowered to work with people."
"New ideas – very useful for work and life in general!"
Delegates, Connexions Kent and Medway