Meetings – Chairing Productive Meetings
Who is it for?
This Chairing Productive Meetings course is for anyone with responsibility for chairing or managing meetings, or who facilitates discussions within the business.
If you chair or facilitate at meetings - then this course is for you!
It gives you a full understanding of the meeting process and how to control and energise a discussion. You will learn how to structure the meeting to best effect; how to manage difficult attendees; and how to agree objectives and outcomes so that your meetings achieve real results in a timely fashion.
- Why do we have meetings?
- Why do some meetings fail to achieve their objectives and lead to a loss of valuable time and money?
- Setting objectives for different types of meetings
- Choosing the right participants and assigning roles
- Preparation of useful agendas and accompanying documentation
- Working effectively with the minute-taker
- Selecting appropriate minutes’ styles for different types of meetings
- Controlling the meeting: timings, participation, staying on track
- Stimulating useful discussion
- Controlling difficult behaviours and conflict
- Using questions to manage participation and making proactive interventions
- Tools for guiding participants towards making decisions and agreeing actions
- Summarising decisions, outcomes and action plans
- Using technology to effectively manage the process of note taking, distributing, and storing minutes and action plans
1 day, normally between 9:30 and 4:30
£395 (+VAT) per person on scheduled course. £1195 (+VAT) for training at your premises for a group of staff. Unless stated otherwise, travel time is included in the price.
Thank you for the training course - making meetings work, I found it incredibly useful and I intend to revamp our programme meetings accordingly! ...........
..........Thank you again for such a good session, I wish more people in the University could be made to attend this...!
SL, Canterbury Christchurch University