Who is it for?
Anyone responsible for marketing an organisation, product, or service.
In recent years, there’s been a big shift from offline to online marketing. This course gives you a basic grounding in traditional marketing theory, then brings you right up-to-date with the latest thinking about websites and social media. The focus is on digital marketing activities that benefit your bottom line.
Part 1 Traditional marketing theory, with examples and practical exercises to demonstrate best practice. You will come away with all the main marketing principles at your fingertips, plus a marketing plan you can put into effect immediately. You will also learn what makes websites work.
Part 2 Social media. You’ll understand the key mindset shift between traditional and social media marketing, and learn how to get best results from blogging, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest and YouTube.
- Basic marketing theory
- Essentials of branding
- How to drive people through the marketing funnel from prospects to advocates
- The small changes that can make a big difference to your bottom-line
- Key differences between communicating online and in print
- Basics of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Websites: structure and content tips to convert visitors into sales
- Confidential analysis of your own current marketing (offline and online)
- Social media ‘netiquette’ (Internet etiquette)
- How blogging adds value and can boost your search engine ranking
- Using Twitter to drive web traffic and deliver customer service
- 3 key things to do on LinkedIn to be perceived as an expert
- Secrets of a successful Facebook Page
- How and why to use Google+, Pinterest and YouTube for business
- Building a social media strategy
- Confidential review of your own current social media profiles
£790 + VAT per person on scheduled course. £2390 + travel costs + VAT for training at your premises for a group of staff. Unless stated otherwise, travel time is included in the price.
Very interesting and relevant, even better than I thought it would be! Picked up lots of new information, hints, tips and ideas I can use to benefit my employer. ST - Christchurch Nursery
“Have already had experience with branding, but social media and website info was very useful…Insightful with excellent real-life examples.”
“Course content relevant and due to small group felt very bespoke… Clear, concise, very helpful and answered all questions…Will be using handouts to filter down to my colleagues.”
“Confirmed a lot of what we do already plus added some new ideas… Informative and broke the day up with activities.”
“I have learnt SO much and it has been fascinating…She was very clear with explanations and illustrations making everything easy to understand and remember…relaxed atmosphere good for discussion.”
“Great overview of all aspects of marketing, pointing me in the right direction…Wealth of knowledge and experience, able to give a good grounding…Good interaction, creative thinking exercises.”
“Good ice-breaker and energisers”
“Lots of useful techniques and advice”
“Very good indeed, given loads of ideas. Friendly, good delivery, good atmosphere. VG handouts, stories etc.”
"Really useful. Did what it said on the tin.”
“I wanted to be clearer and get new ideas, which I got.”
“Best event I have attended in years.”
“Clear and concise information.”
“Thoroughly enjoyed the day & learnt a lot… I am putting your tips and techniques into practice.”
“Really enjoyable day which I’m sure will improve our sales in the long run.”
“Made me see things from a buyer’s point of view, not a corporate view… Excellent course.”
“Good informative training that delivered on all levels.”