Recruitment and Selection
Who is it for?
Managers, HR Officers and Administrators who are involved in employee recruitment and selection.
This practical workshop will look at the process of recruitment and selection, from looking to recuit to the “onboarding” of the new employee.
The workshop will show the importance of preparing both the person specification and the job description to ensure that you reduce the risk of recruiting unsuitable applicants.
We will focus on the all important interviews, developing the crucial skills to provide a detailed picture of each applicant and their suitability for the role.
All this has to happen within the boundaries of employment law and this popular course will give you the confidence to recruit the right candidate whilst being aware of all the current legal requirements.
- The importance of understanding the whole process
- Understanding the legal side of recruitment and selection
- Using job descriptions
- The person specifications and knowing what you are looking for
- Advertising the position, including on social media
- Using social media to research new staff
- The short listing process – reviewing CVs and application forms
- Practical, indepth and thorough recruitment interviewing skills
- Behavioural and competency based interview techniques
- Asking the right questions
- Dos and don’ts of interviewing
- Overview of other tools including psychometric and ability tests
- Offering the role and onboarding
£395 (+VAT) per person on scheduled course. £1195 (+VAT) for training at your premises for a group of up to 12 staff. Unless stated otherwise, travel time is included in the price.
"Course very informative and trainer, Keith, very helpful. Really enjoyed the course and learnt more than I thought I would – very impressed with the whole day – lovely venue and VERY good food."
LC – ISG Cathedral
"Informative, professional and laid out in easy terms. Venue and catering excellent. Looking forward to the next two Kent Trainers courses I am booked on."
LB Cohline UK Ltd
"Very informative and thought provoking – learnt new skills and refreshed knowledge."
LS and MS – The Veterinary Hospital
"Very good material, expertly and entertainly delivered."
"I learnt a lot of new skills, and the method they were taught will ensure I remember them. It was an enjoyable course that kept me focused."
"I really enjoyed being challenged. It's not a course you can sleep through!"
"Would I recommend Kent Trainers? - Absolutely, they know their stuff."
"Really good course - great putting new skills into practice and getting feedback."
Quotes from delegates from Canterbury City Council.