This course can be held in-house at your premises or at one of our venues for £3,585 + trainer travel from our Sevenoaks office + VAT. If you choose to use one of our venues, room hire and catering will be charged at our specially negotiated rates. Unless stated otherwise, travel time is included in the price.
Directors' Development Programme (3 days on consecutive weeks)
Who is it for?
Those who are looking to develop the role as business leaders in their organisation.
This three day programme combines the key criteria for those who are wanting to develop further into strategic business leaders.
Every business, large or small, requires their leaders to have a focused understanding of the finances, commercial impact, and how to work with, or as an active member of the Board.
By enabling delegates to focus intensively on these vital business functions, this programme combines the practical with the theoretical and provides both aspiring and existing leaders in the organisation with the confidence, knowledge and passion to drive the business forward.
“Leaders set the vision for the future and set the strategy for getting there” (John P Kotter)
We invite all those wishing to develop as inspirational leaders in their business to attend this 3 day course. It will be challenging, stimulating and will give you the basis on which to successfully develop your business and yourself.
Day 1 - Strategic Commercial Awareness
- Day 1 will ensure that you have a clear understanding of the key issues impacting your organisation.
- You will analyse how your organisation is affected by both the external and internal factors and create a SWOT analysis which will enable you to devise a cogent Business Strategy together with a Vision for your organisation.
- You will be able to create a Strategic Business Plan which will enable you to apply a strategic focus to your organisation and to devise appropriate tactics to deliver this.
Day 2 – Finance for Directors and Senior Leaders
- The role and structure of the finance function
- Methods for measuring financial performance
- Key metrics, definitions and significance
- Planning and budgeting
- Evaluating investment decisions and preparing a business case
- Risks – Identify, quantify, manage
- Capital budgets, sources of finance, gearing
Day 3 - Role and Responsibilities of Company Directors
- The role of the board and how to get the best out of it
- Understanding differences of role – director, shareholder, auditor, manager, executive, non-executive.
- Understanding legal duties and responsibilities
- Boards and management teams
- Board appraisal and direction
- Management structures and the role of director
- Business ethics and the role of director
- The role of the director when things go wrong – crisis management, personal liability
3 days spread over 3 weeks