This course can be held in-house at your premises or at one of our venues for £1,195 + VAT. If you choose to use one of our venues, room hire and catering will be charged at our specially negotiated rates. Unless stated otherwise, travel time is included in the price.
Undertaking Investigations and Writing Reports
Who is it for?
All HR staff or managers involved in investigating disciplinary and grievances issues or accidents under Health and Safety legislation.
Part of a Manager’s responsibility in any business or Organisation is to investigate Discipline and Grievance issues or accidents under Health and Safety legislation.
This course has been designed to help Managers to ensure they follow a consistent process and investigate incidents thoroughly, obtain appropriate evidence, question witnesses and then prepare evidence based reports which contain a firm conclusion and recommendation for future action.
The highly experienced Trainer will work with the delegates using specific examples and guidelines and deliver a lively and interactive course which will build the confidence of delegates to undertake the process effectively.
- Process, principles and techniques of an effective investigation
- Planning and conducting investigations to agreed timescales
- Effective questioning techniques
- Probing below the surface and not taking responses at face value
- Gathering evidence to establish facts
- Identifying appropriate witnesses and questioning them
- Promoting confidentiality
- Taking notes and preparing statement
- Compiling investigation reports
- Developing an evidence-based conclusion and firm recommendation
- Practical case studies
1 day, normally between 9:30 and 4:30